Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Better than Expected


This week has turned out much better than expected. Besides the loss of sleep, I've been absurdly productive. I CAD-ed a robot, helped build a great prototype, passed a 440 test, and was able to productively review 443.

I really am looking forward to break. Visiting people, working on my side projects, and watching movies should provide a suitable foil for the rush that has been these past weeks. I need to see The Hurt Locker to understand why Avatar did not win the Oscar. And Up in the Air is supposed to be cool. Shutter Island I keep hearing mixed reviews for. And Alice in Wonderland is in 3-D. All I need now is a hot date.

Update: By passed I mean aced. Hellz yeah.

Lyric of the Day:
"Oh no it happened again.
She's cool, she's hot, she's my friend.
I tried for hours if so,
You leave me no where to go."
-Blink-182:"Please Take Me Home"

Random Story of The Day:
My engineering group and I were working on our prototype from 10pm to around 1am. We had to let some Gorilla Glue set.

Two guys went to the computer labs.

I pulled out my laptop and watched the Office.

Two guys decided to take naps on the tables in the Engineering Lab.

When I was halfway through my episode, the door to the lab swung open. I think its my teammates. "Hola!", I yell to the confused graduate student who walks in without looking up. He looks at the guys sleeping on the tables, our misshapen prototype, and the gluey mess that was our workspace. "Undergrads...", he mutters as he closes the door and leaves.
Note to Future Self: Fear leads to being frozen, paralyzed, and being confused. It is basically the grand-daddy of status ailments in Pokemon.

No comments: