Saturday, March 06, 2010

The Balance


Two weeks ago I had a great weekend. This weekend, not so much.

It started off pretty great, with my first trip to a bar. That was fun, though it made me realize how much I had missed in college. My friend likes to point out how many of our friendships are caused by location and timing, and not similar interests. This really shows itself when you realize that you really can't get your friends to join you in the adventures you want to go on.

Yesterday I tried to organize a movie outing, and by trying to include people it backfired. I essentially ended up compromising all the way from seeing Scorsese to eating dinner across the street from the movie theater. And apparently even that ended up kinda being a double-edged outing.

Today I spent 7 hours CADing up a robot for a class that I still have homework due for. I did Finance homework for a class that I still have a test to study for. My capstone group is procrastinating even though I made most of our presentation. Tomorrow I have a meeting where the one supervisor I want to see will not be there. At least I have a 4 hour time period between meetings and work to study for my test on Monday...

Lyric of the Day:
"I hold the whole world accused
I've only got myself to blame
I wonder why, I never wonder why
The easiest things are so hard

I just want, I just want love
I just want, I just want love
I just want, I just want love"
-The Bravery:"Unconditional"

Random Story of The Day:
This week I was invited to a University open house. I went, and met all the other prospective PhD students. They gave us a tour of several of the larger labs, told us about professors looking for graduate students, and fed us a ton of free food.

Only thing is that I have not received an acceptance letter from them...
Note to Future Self: Write in your free time. That shit needs to make it to Hollywood.

1 comment:

ET said...

How was it a double-edged outing? (That's not meant to sound accusatory, just curious).

I'm sorry I turned down the movie outing =/ I have a hard time enjoying myself when I have a shit-ton of work to do, but I realize other people need to let loose in situations like that.