Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'll be better when I'm older


I've realized that the longer I'm in college the more I change as a person. But going back to things the way they were before is easier than I would like for somethings, and harder for others. I've been fairly good about shutting in my inner yellow(mainly because it comes with some black), but it seems that whenever I'm stressed it comes back. I wish it were that way with my conviction.

I had this great discussion with a friend about what it means to be Catholic, and his amusement at my leaving the church because of the new pope was refreshing. Having a difference between how you live and how you expect others to live is an idea that i think I have trouble accepting because of my belief in the idea of the philosopher king. There shouldn't be dynamically different standards for different people, should there?

Lyric of the Day:
"And tell me that we belong together
Dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above"
-Edwin McCain:"I'll Be"

Random Story of The Day:
One of my friends loves the movie My Sassy Girl. Her roommate didn't remember it being as great or romantic as she was making it out to be.

My friend rationalized it: "Well that last time you saw this movie was with your old roommate and her estranged boyfriend - not the best company for a romantic movie."
Note to Future Self: Pachabel's Canon is kind of romantic :P

No comments: