Sunday, May 24, 2009

Back Home: Part 3


Went to the beach today. It was pretty fun, though even after my shower I still smell saltwater. When we got back home I watched Taken(which was better than I gave it credit for), and the Curious Case of Benjamin Button(less awesome than I thought it would be). Sounds like the Eastern Conference championship might be up for grabs, with the Magic actually giving Lebron James a fight for his money. That could be interesting.

I actually checked my grades on Blackboard, and so far I have six As. While I'm still waiting for two more grades back, the fact that I could pull of a 23 credit semester while working 3(?!) part-time jobs is pretty exciting. Too bad it looks like next semester will be more of the same.

Which I guess is fine, because I.am.pulling.it.off!

Lyric of the Day:
"And all I (all I)
Need to know (need to know)
Is that I'm something you'll be missing
(is that I'm something that you're missing)
Maybe I should hate you for this
Never really did ever quite get that far
Maybe I should hate you for this
Never really did ever quite get that..."
-Taking Back Sunday:"You are so Last Summer"

Random Story of The Day:
I was telling one my friends(who I haven't seen in far too long) about the wreck that was me during finals. My post-final destressing involved me finishing a bottle of wine with a friend, watching Angels and Demons with her, and making homemade pizza with her.

Him: So look who found himself a girlfriend in college.
Me: We're not going out.
Him: Wait, really?
Me: Yeah....why?
Him: You had more dates in the past week than my girlfriend and I have had this past month.
Me: They weren't dates. We were just hanging out.
Him: Whatever, just don't tell my GF is all I'm saying.

Addendum: Frikin spellcheck. Destressing is a word.

Note to Future Self: After freaking out about your "worst semester" you somehow managed to pull off better grades than freshman year. You slacker bastard.

No comments: