Friday, June 15, 2007

Conflicting Interests

Lately I've been kinda busy. Whether its doing HW for Accounting, hanging at Ryan's until unreasonable hours in the morning, or having lunch with Ammar, TKO, or Michelle. Working for Gemstone has also been a significant part of what I do, and while it can get fairly repetitive the flexibility of my job has been worth it. Plus I get to work with the incoming freshman!

Class has been entertaining, as I guess with good company even the most repetitive class can become something you look forward to. I'm not going to say that passing notes with ET has made this one of my most enjoyable classes, but it kinda has. I'm doing fairly well in it, considering I have an A as of now.

As great as things are now, I'll admit that I'm starting to miss being able to hang out with my friends. Elan and Collins have gone off to work and on vacation. Joe, Ryan, Jen, and a bunch of other people have 9-5s which means getting together is limited to the weekends. Yikes, Jason, and Aziz are all in other states. This makes me want the summer to move a little faster.

But then comes days like today where I find myself wishing the summer to slow down. I want more days at the pool with Ekta. More chance encounters with Ammar, Sarah, and TKO. More Aim conversations with Joe and Elan. With the scent of chlorine still in my hair, I want another of today.

I wish I knew what I wanted.

Lyric of the Day:
"Step by step, heart to heart, left right left
We all fall down like toy soldiers
Bit by bit, torn apart, we never win
But the battle wages on for toy soldiers "
-Eminem:"Like Toy Soldiers"

Random Story of The Day:
Ryan and I went to Rita's after hanging out for the day. When it gets time to order the girl serving us to take our order, she takes his and, without a pause, mine.

A second later she comes back with our orders and asks "Are you seperate or together?". Ryan's friend who is working in the back yells out,"They're definitely together!". The girl smiles and gives us an amused look, then gets our seperate reciepts.

No comments: