Thursday, June 21, 2007

Walking with my shadow at Night(Part 1)

Two in the morning and I return to campus,
The place where I've spent my last year.
A place, by now, so familiar;
I feel I'll never forget it.

The HHP is the first thing I pass,
"Symbolic" I think as I smile to myself.
My continuing tradition of Badminton
housed in the same building as Ballroom

Going up to the stairs near the pool,
The scent of chlorine in the air.
Embarrassment, Regret, Hope, Self-Amusement,
Many thoughts past my mind being here.

I pause as I walk past the Diner;
Memories of countless dinners with friends,
Literal hundreds of times shared;
some amusing and others the opposite.

Straight ahead, I see Ellicott,
My near past and future neatly rolled in one.
Looking towards the coming year,
with the joy from the last still not gone.

Soccer fields to the left,
where once we sledded.
Now, summer has come
and things are changed.

Late nights we've spent,
hurriedly taking the elevator from the eight floor,
an then running though building's front door,
all at the reception of "stadium side"

I look ahead and see the paths diverge,
multiple paths to the same end,
with different experiences on your journey
seem almost poetic in their very existence.

To the right I could pass the CSPAC,
Where I've invited myself to several plays,
Who knows when next I'll go.
Perhaps some friends of mine will be on stage.

Instead I choose the path usually traveled,
that is more known and that feels safer.
Returning to the known?
Seems that even my adventurous spirit can waiver.

Walking down to Regents another choice;
Should I pass by Patterson,
hovercraft-building was enjoyable

So towards Stamp I trek,
A walk almost too familiar by now.
"Friday nights at CP", Rocky Horror at the Hoff,
Dinner before Gems, all went down there.

(To be continued...)

Lyric of the Day:
"When will stupid learn
Fire's gonna burn
Think of consequence
Then you move when its your turn"
-Weezer:"Haunt You Every Day"


Random Story of The Day:

I love when I feel comfortable enough with a friend to preface an AIM conversation with "I apologize in advance for the needless mocking of you I am about to engage in." Sorry Lim, but you know it was hilarious.

Also "macking babes" and "making babies" are two letters off, thats kinda interesting. You learn many lessons when talking to TKO online :P

No comments: