Monday, June 25, 2007

Walking with my shadow at Night(Part 2)

Walking down to Regents another choice;
Should I pass by Patterson,
hovercraft-building and midnight math "raids".
Nope, those experiences were all about grades.

So towards Stamp I trek,
A walk almost too familiar by now.
"Friday nights at CP", Rocky Horror at the Hoff,
Dinner before Gems, all went down there.

Past the stadium that looms to my right,
A trigger for thinking my mementos.
Shirts from Orientation, Blackout, and Relay,
All remain safely in my closet.

Right in front of stamp a new choice,
A three way fork in my path.
Not the hill to the right that I hate,
nor though the various levels do I go.

Cutting to the left path,
past what will always be the "Comm building",
courtyards where Maryland day tents were,
a place where ninjas rushed performers once.

Across Campus drive I journey.
Its amazing to think to myself,
that once that was the one part
of this entire campus that I knew.
(And from Magic of all things)

Past "Stonehenge" I have to travel,
Remembering all that happened in GEMS102.
To think that all those presentations
led to me doing Icebreakers with my own group.

In front of McKeldin I pause.
Research for Islam and Gemstone,
Undergraduate research day,
And being there for friends.

Booksales on the steps of Tydings,
104 discussion in Key about SAHDS.
I find myself slightly amazed,
One semester has made these places have meaning.

Far to the left I see the chapel,
A place of life and my initiation into Gemstone;
A reminder of human mortality;
A symbol that happiness can exist in this world.

I walk towards the Commons shop,
where hours were spent finding cake ingredients,
making sure to avoid the Point of Failure.
Well the physical place, at least.

Susquehanna stand before me,
The last memory on my journey.
Cramming for Physics tests during lectures
even though my successes proved futile.

As I take the elevator up, I think;
When next will I remember all of these things?
My answer is bittersweet; probably not too soon.
Nite Ride will make this journey a thing of the past.


Lyric of the Day:
"This is the point from which I will die and succeed
Living the struggle, I know I'm alive when I bleed
From now on it can never be the same as before
Cause the place I'm from doesn't exist anymore"
-Immortal Technique:"Point of No Return"


Random Story of The Day:
The best moments on AIM in a while:

a black comet: this is pathetic
justbobdanish: me or you?

Elan: whats happening?
me: not much; making monkeys/cutting paper
Elan: cool cool
me: you?
Elan: working, kinda
reflecting on my life
and basically i figure i need to be more awesome

No comments: