Saturday, February 20, 2010

Keeping the Blade


So I've been super busy in the past couple of weeks. Well, not super busy, more like moderately busy with a lot of procrastination. Whether its my Capstone team, Gems, classes that keep putting me to sleep, or trying to avoid unemployment, there is always something to do.

This past weekend we had back to back birthday parties for my friends and my roommate. Pretty fun, but that much celebration takes its toll on you.

Staying motivated is kind of an issue, but not nearly as much as keeping those around me motivated. The fact that Cs still means that we graduate is something that it seems everyone has learned by now. And graduate schools or employers can't un-accept and un-hire you.

The Olympics are sick. Shaun White is sick, Apolo Ohno is a little overrated, Men's figure skating is amazing, and the two-man luge is something else. As my roommate watches, he keeps bringing up how little we have actually accomplished. Yeah, he's kind of a downer. Though I guess something is valid when the little brothers of our HS friends are getting married. Yeah, its kind of like that.

Lyric of the Day:
"We're gonna fuel the fire, gonna stoke it up
We're gonna sip this wine and pass the cup
Who needs avenues, who needs reservoirs
Gonna show this town how to kiss these stars

I say, I say"
-Kings of Leon:"Manhattan"

Random Story of The Day:
A friend of mine was making reservations for dinner:

Her: "I'd like to make a reservation"
Restaurant Staff: "For what time? And how many people?
Her: "I need it for six-thirty and there will be ten people"
Restaurant Staff: "Looks like we can only do six"
Her: "What will I do with the other four people?!"
Restaurant Staff: "...Ma'm..."
Her: "Oh. That's fine."
Note to Future Self: Checking the forums before you sleep is stressful.

No comments: