Wednesday, February 03, 2010

In the cold cold night


This last semester has been different that I would have expected. Gone are the midnight debates. Gone is the Diner and the gym, located a short walk from my dorm. Gone are the people who you once thought would change everything.

And yet here I am. I've done many of the things I set out to accomplish. Both my majors? Check. Was it satisfying? Not as much as I thought. Gemstone team that I can be proud of? Yep. Reasonable love life? Heh, maybe in grad school. Stayed with Robotics? Mhm. Getting my research to a place that I can feel accomplished? Maybe by the end of the year.

Hopefully in my memory this will exist as a time that I accomplished as much as I could have, and not the period where I made shitty decision after shitty decision. Too bad there are some things you can't get a do-over for.

Lyric of the Day:
"Stranded in this spooky town
Stoplights are swaying and the phone lines are down
This floor is crackling cold
She took my heart, I think she took my soul
With the moon I run
Far from the carnage of the fiery sun"
-Kings of Leon:"Closer"

Random Story of The Day:
We were supposed to have a party this past Saturday, but it was cancelled since we had a couple inches of snow. We rescheduled it to this Friday. The weather report for today is calling for snow on Friday. The weather refuses to co-operate.
Note to Future Self: You are a huge liability. Thankfully that means you have a huge asset.

No comments: