Thursday, June 04, 2009

Airport Internet


So, I’m at the airport waiting for my flight. Thanks to Southwest’s comfy chairs with electrical outlets, I have my laptop in commission. I even have internet access so this can be posted when I'm done writing!

Today I go back to Maryland. This has been a pretty good break. Even though I missed a couple of possibly crucial phone calls, getting away from last semester was necessary. When I get back, I have a ton to do, including staying with my grandparents, and hanging out with people who are leaving for Europe, and who got back.

I'm even looking forward to going back to the lab. Summer means I can be ridiculously productive, heck I may even be able to cite my mom :D

Lyric of the Day:
"Lets get this party started right,
Lets get drunk and freaky fly,
You with me so its alright,
We gonna stay up the whole night."
-Justice:"The Party"

Random Story of The Day:
For a while, I’m going to be doing a little something different. In case any of the couples I know in college ever get married, I’m going to start putting up amusing stories about them. That was I have a funny story for the wedding :D

One of my friends met this guy in one of her classes. He asked her if she wanted to come with him and “a couple of his friends” to see a movie. Being a cautious person, she asked her roommate if she would come with her to see the movie.

After word trickled to the rooms next door (and to friends who lived even on the top and second floors of the building), a lot of people realized that we all wanted to see that movie. We asked if we could come, and our friend, being the nice person that she is, told us that it probably wouldn’t be a big deal if we all came.

When we got to the theater, she got a call from the guy saying that he was at a restaurant nearby, and that she should join for a pre-movie dinner. As our group walked to the restaurant, I realized something. Dinner and a movie? This kind of felt like a date…

When we got to the restaurant, we met up with the guy who was sitting with his best friend. It turned out that he thought that she was bringing a friend. Our group of eight people accompanied our friend on her first date with this guy :P

Note to Future Self: You once had a list of ten possible jobs. Remember when you had no idea of what you were going to do?

No comments: