Monday, January 25, 2010

My Last First Day


Today marks a milestone in my life. This is the last first day of a new semester(Grad school doesn't count since you just keep doing your research during breaks). College, which is supposed to be the time of your life, is coming to and end. And I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

Applying to five graduate schools was probably a bad idea. But I guess when you get down to it and realize that there are only so many places that you want to move to thats what happens. I'm going to start working on contingency plans and applying to companies that might hire me.

Today is the first time I've ever had an all business schedule for a day, and it feels nice. Not that I don't have to take notes, but Finance is a lot more reproduce-able for me than Engineering.

My 3-hour breaks will be unproductive I fear, but at least sometimes it woks out and you get to have lunch with cute girls. Maybe I'll just use this as reading time...

Lyric of the Day:
"(Keep on feeling)
I only wanna be your one life stand
(Keep on feeling)
Tell me do you stand by your whole man"
-Hot Chip:"One Life Stand"

Random Story of The Day:
My roommate and I have been betting on playoff games, with the loser having to shotgun a beer for each touchdown(rounded up) that their team loses by.

The results(me v. him)

Ravens(3)-Colts(20): I drink three
Chargers(14)-Jets(17): I drink one
Jets(17)-Colts(30): I drink two
Vikings(28)-Saints(31): I drink one

Looks like this weekend is going to be a great weekend. Thank goodness we don't give a shit about the NFC.
Note to Future Self: Write the book about the dreamer. That will have a great screenplay.

No comments: