Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Good news for people who like ironic news

So the semester is over, and even though I was looking forward to being able to relax, I'm spending craploads of time working. This semester was good times for the most part, though there were some stressful/retarded times. At least I only used 2/3 of my stupid things to do a semester this semester!

Let's look at the highlight reel.

-Crazy Europeans: Let's have an insane Math class with a cool Swiss/Italian teacher who has no idea what a curve is! At least this was responsible for Tim and I hanging out more. No more midnight math for me! I'll miss those guys...

-Joe's new no-sleep policy: I think I've learned to sleep with the light on. Man, I'm such a good roommate. Best thing ever was hearing "Joe, finish your food!" when TKO saw his row of half-finished doubleshots.

-Team LIFE: Think of an idea, get it approved by your favorite teacher, get people to vote on it. This was so stressful, as you can see by what I realize were extremely bitchy journals. At least I have Ryna and the status of team leader :P

-Valentine's Day: Giving boys roses is like giving little kids guns. Hilarious in theory, a bad idea in practice. At least no one died.

-Holi: What's the best part about going to an event like Holi after most of the dye is gone? Pushing girls/Joe into pools of dye water. And slip and sliding.

-GTV: Planning summer camp was actually quite fun. I can't wait to work with Jmoss again. Who knows, I may even end up joining Maryland Shakespeare players!

-Bridges: Built two by myself. Felt good, but it will probably take its toll on my grade. Statics as a whole sucked. Probably had to do with knowing no one in my class. A lesson is learned, but the damage is irreversible.<--Stolen from webcomic Ryan reads :D

-Housing next year: Well, Lim and I are moving across from Revolver, but next to problems. Who the hell chooses to live next to the RA? Joe and I, apparently. Yikes and Jen are living on the Women in Engineering floor...This should be amusing :P

-Cakes: Driving near the VA border with TKO and Clee to get a cake was a ridiculously fun experience. So was the "surprise" party after. Everyone had fun and enjoyed it I think. Making TKO's cake was also a fun experience, even though Revolver did more for it that I did. But that's cuz I went to see Brokeback Mountain. Even if it wasn't with everyone I thought it would be with :P

-The Angels of Death: The best 4 person team in Gemstone. Returning from LAID we had Big D and the always amazing JMoss. Add in two dashes of work ethic, one with the ability to edit and worship a TA (ET), and one with the ability to get the word ethnical passed as ethical(Yikes), and you have the most powerful strike force assembled in Gemstone. Hopefully I get to hang out with these kids more next semester(but not to the point where they tire of me :P)

-Irony in Physics: I got a high A- in a 3 credit class, and a solid C in a 1 credit class. The result a 4 credit B+. There is no justice...and thus the title of this entry

Lyric of the Day:
"Hey, you know they're all the same
You know you're doing better on your own (on your own)
So don't buy in.
Live right now
Yeah, just be yourself.
It doesn't matter if it's good enough
For someone else"
-Jimmy Eat World:"The Middle"



Random Story of The Day:
I almost slept at the office today. Joe ruins all my fun :P

No comments: