Sunday, April 26, 2009

It never seems to last


Yesterday I hung out with someone who I haven't had the chance to see in a while. I guess being hyper-involved in as many things as you can leaves little time for old friends. Being with them I had flashbacks of a time of my life where things were different and I was a lot less jaded. The sad thing is that this was only two years ago, in my freshman year.

Its also funny how much people can both change and stay the same over time. People can keep the things that made you glad to have been close to them, while at the same time maturing in ways that make you think that they have become totally different people. Heck, sometimes people end up losing the little mannerisms that annoyed you.

Lyric of the Day:
"Clock is ticking while I’m killing time
Spinning all around
Nothing else that you can do
To turn it back"
-Lacuna Coil:"Our Truth"

Random Story of The Day:
I spent this entire weekend trying to find my lost credit card. As I was pulling out my cell phone to call and cancel it, it fell out of my pocket. FML.
Note to Future Self: You are a baller. Don't even think you're not.

1 comment:

ET said...

Who changed?

I wonder if I've lost some of my mannerisms from before. Have I? I know I've picked up some new ones, and quite a few from you, actually =P Those are more in the vein of phrases, though. Wonder if I've rubbed off on you ;)

Change sucks, sometimes. I remember in senior year of HS, and freshman year of college, the idea of change, specifically my HS friends going off to other colleges changing into people I didn't recognize, upset me quite a bit. It still does, to some moderate degree, but... I guess I've learned to deal with it. Or settle. I'm still not sure which.